Friday, April 8, 2011

Marc Jacobs--Interesting Little Items

I've recently come to notice that Marc Jacobs has put out some pretty creative items lately. I usually love to read the books of fellow designers, (Tim Gunn's novel, Nina Garcia has many books out, I forget the name but there was a look book of different fashion icons that I came across including Jackie O and Coco Chanel, Cosmo magazine has an actual novel, you can buy them all at Barnes&Noble.) and yet I had failed to notice Marc Jacob's book. (see above picture.) I don't know how I haven't come across it before, but Marc Jacob has his own book out. It does have a hefty price for a novel, at $100.00, but I am always willing to pay for good art and design books. The book is 300 pages long. It is titled "The Men And Women of Marc Jacobs." It has lots of pictures and information on the the people behind the brand and corporation, which is the stuff that we never get to hear about. (The President of Marc Jacobs, Robert Duffy, and others behind the brand.) I flipped through the book, and it's definitely worth a look. The talented designer has also come out with some cute, kitschy tees lately. They're perfect for bumming around in. I've always loved his updated, modern, version of the tee shirt. My favorite one is above, a red tee shirt with a beautiful drawn rose. He also has several variations of the bunny logo tee shirts out. The one pictured has CHEERS BIG EARS stamped over it.
All of the proceeds from that specific tee shirt, go to Designers Against Aids, which is always a good thing to help support. Marc has always been a favorite designer of mine for RTW clothing. I love his tops and tees. He always gives a casual yet highbrow vibe, and you see that through his clothing. I've always heard from a specific relative of mine, who spotted him in NYC one day, that he is a very kind person. Unfortunately, she was only going by what she saw and did have the courage to go up to him and chat. (Which bummed me out, because if I were there, I would have ran up to him.) Anyhow, if you happen to come across any of these items in Marc Jacobs boutique, I'd grab them before they sell out.

No comments:

Post a Comment