Thursday, April 7, 2011

Street Style

It's a cold day in NYC today. I went window shopping and decided against a jacket, but it was still freezing. As I was walking along the sidewalk, I paid very close attention to everyone's outfits. A woman walked past, in a black trench coat with shiny buckles and buttons. There are plenty of fashion don'ts that you always see, but that's not how I choose to look at most of them. Sometimes even unflattering clothes can be considered art, as long as it's not so out there that someone's whole entire body is revealed, or if it's absolutely outrageous. Everyone's style and opinion is different, so who am I to judge? But I did notice some fashion saavy outfits that I liked. I saw a man dressed in elaborate colors, and I was grateful towards him in my mind. Why? Because, not to say that men aren't fashion forward, but most don't have the courage to wear green, people, and blue (aka bright colors) all together unless they aren't straight, which is in no way or means bad, but I've yet to see a straight man wear bright yellow. I wish more men took fashion risks like that man had. I saw a lady in a fabulous gray fur coat. I also saw some outfits I wouldn't dare to wear, but that's not saying that they're bad, just saying that I don't have the courage to pull off some fiercious outfits sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment