Friday, April 8, 2011

My Story

Hi everyone. I am quite bored, so I thought I'd share with you all how I first got into fashion. I probably should have done this in my first post but oh well. It kind of even complicates myself, because I don't know just how it came about, exactly. I had always loved shopping from an early age...pretty much since I was born, (around ages 1 or 2 was when I just started to love shopping)....but that was it. There was no love or zest for style, no reading fashion magazines, no trips to New York, no knowledge of designers. I didn't own anything high end, I just plainly liked to shop. Around when I was seven, I started reading fashion magazines. I suppose that was when it all really started. I'd always been a spender, and not a saver, but I didn't actually love or thrive on clothes, you know? After I started reading about fashion and style and designers, I got really into it. I soon spent all my free time as a young teen holed up in my room reading Women's Wear Daily, Cosmopolitan, and Marie Claire. I collected large stacks of magazines that began to pile up in my room. I wouldn't let my family members throw any away because they contained important information about shoes and bags. Around the age of eleven, I became obsessed with Chanel. I didn't own anything from them except Chanel makeup, because Chanel bags and clothes were too expensive. I was raised in a middle class family, but now that I look back on it, who wants to buy their eleven year old daughter a Chanel? I saved up all my pennies and by the time I was twelve I bought my first Chanel. It was so tiny (a small, hot pink, evening bag) because it was the only thing I could afford at the time. Let me see if I can find an old picture. Ignore the makeup contents in the picture, it was taken many many years ago and I think I had just taken makeup out of my purse or something. Just thought I'd share. To be honest, I still have the bag. I could never sell my first ever Chanel...it doesn't really get much use though because of its size.

No comments:

Post a Comment